Macro on Rsl500/ Micro1400

Hey All, making progress with my Applied Motion Drive. SV200. however to properly convert decimal to hex, byte swap and message the conversion i am finding very difficult even with the very helpful examples in other strings. then i come to notice a run macros option. Is it possible to migrate a visual basic program into rsl500 and use it as an operation?

The run macro feature is just for the development software. Its not a language option in the ML1400. You'll have to translate it to ladder logic by hand (unless someone as done a basic-to-ladder conversion utility).

First of all, Decimal, Hex, Octal, Binary, are all the same, just the representations of how you see the numbers are different.... Sooooo, what exactly is the problem?

jstolaruk, thanks for your input. I dont believe anyone hase made a basic to ladder conversion utility. I do not see anywhere in RSL500 any place for structured text. My problem with ladder sonversion; the most recent example in another thread, is that it end up completing the decimal tonhex conversion as a string. I am finding it difficult to segment the string and convert it back into an integer for insertion into an 'N' table. To be a little more specific in my issue, I am explicit messaging move data with an ML1400. thisbisbthe only ether messaging option that i have with this drive. The Ether connection is by design and changing that is not something feasible at this time. So deploying Wxplocit messages is my best bet. I can easily trigger pre programmed moves from the drive non-volitile by triggering a message that is pre loaded wih the proper pay load. Example to trigger the drive to load and execute a "pre programmed segment". the pay load in bytes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 will be 0,1,78,0,0,0,0,1 as left to right or right to left. however the MSG instruction recieves its "send" data as (1,0,3,2,5,4,7,6). so there is already a requirement to byte swap. to add to the challenge My HMI will only send the data in decimal. SO.... my problem is not with the different way to see it, its the extremely complex ladder requirements to simply convert, swap, move, fill, move again then send; whilst interlocking the entire sbr so it doesn not allow the MSG to send without the new data. ALSO the decimal limit is 255/ FFhex in any position in the "n" register for the send data. so does that mean i have to div by 255 then convert, then move and swap? im new to this stuff