Panelview Standard doesn't retain application

kbupnorth

I had to replace a Panelview Standard 1000[2711-K10C3L1] with a refurbished model as the standards are obsolete.
I can download and run the file, but if I power the unit down and restart, I get a white screen that states there is an application error and goes to the configuration screen. It seems it is not retaining the application and other configuration settings. I didn't see a battery on the board, thinking it may need one. Has anybody had this problem or am I just missing the obvious?
Thanks!

per the RA KB 14826
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14826
PanelView Standard terminals contain a real time clock module. That module contains a battery in a socket for the real time clock and static ram for parameters and configuration information

Perhaps you can swap out this module with the one from your original PV1000

Also, you did not state the firmware version of the refurbished model.
You could try to update the firmware to the latest version supported for that model.

Last edited: