read clock of Micro 850 or Panelview 800

Jyonny

Hello,
I am using a Micro 850 plc with a Panelview 800 for the first time.

Programming software apart... For the rest everything is ok.

I only have a problem in reading the clock of the controller or the panelview.

I would like to make a routine that simply distinguishes if it is night or day.
(it would be sufficient to red the hour of the controller clock or Panelview Clock).

Do you know I can I read the hour and have a number?( 0-23)

Thank you very much!

Thank you for your reply.
I red this instruction but I thought I couldn't use it also with Micro 850, because I don't have the RTC plugin module.

I tested it and it doesn't work.
RTC Data gives me "0" value.

Is there a way to read the time from the PLC or the Panelview?

Thank you

I believe in the GLOBAL CONNECTIONS menu of the FactoryTalkView ME software, you can assign PLC tags that the PanelView will write the date and time to at an interval which you can select.

Thank you dmmons.
I can't program Panelview 800 with Factory Talk View, because it is only possible to program it through CCW.

I think I found it.
In global connections of CCW I can chose a destination tag for the Clock of the Panel.

I try it and let you know

You are probably better off submitting a new post of you have questions on how to do what you are trying to do. This post is 3 - 4 years old