Panel View 900 only startup with white screen

Hi i have an Panel View 900 screen 2711-K9C8L1 , Firmware 4.00

After power ON the only thing i can see is a sharp white screen (seems like the backlight works) , is there anything i can test to solve this issue before i need to send it back for repair?. Have checked terminal behind the hinges and all seems to be connected correct still.

Any suggestions are appreciated

JJ

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have communications to the PV? Can you download to it?

If not, have you attempted a factory reset? I don't know the process on the older panelviews, but the PV+ can be reset to factory state and then have the firmware re-flashed.

Might be worth googling to see if you can find a procedure to attempt that on this model.

Found this procedure referenced on another thread here on the forum:

In order to reset a standard keypad PanelView to its factory default settings:

a) Reboot the unit.

b) As soon as self test number 32 is reached, press the lower left most key (i.e. F9 in the PanelView 1000, or F1 in the PanelView 300 micro) while simultaneously pressing the upper right most key on the front of the unit (i.e. the number 9 in PanelView 1000, or the "UP" arrow in the PanelView 300 micro).

Was on this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=100708

Hi and thanks Logan for a quick answer, really appreciate that sir.
i tried all of this and will see if i can communicate with unit , will use RS232 straight cable to printer port/download/upload .

hope i can communicate with unit, so i can troubleshoot more.

problem i have is i cannot see anything on the display constant white screen only, so nothing else can be seen
I tried reboot do default settings nothing change, same thing with reset

thanks again .