Wanted: Rotary Encoder Switch

John Marston

I am needing a rotary encoder switch. Preferably, it would have screw terminals for connections. I'm looking for it to have a digital pulse as the dial is turned. Any recommendations?

Please see attached for further information.

HRPG-AD32#16R Optical Sensor.jpg

Hmmm... I may have to look into that one further. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm hoping to find something less than $500 that I can use on an explosion proof box. I have a Killark rotary know to reach the external side but I need the encoder part to go inside the box.

Make a small experimental print and use some screwterminals on the front, solder it to your encoder.
or solder wires on the encoder going to a small terminal strip.
and if it are a lot , make a small print for it.

Make a small experimental print and use some screwterminals on the front, solder it to your encoder.
or solder wires on the encoder going to a small terminal strip.
and if it are a lot , make a small print for it.

I think that's what I will end up doing. I've had trouble even getting Broadcom to sell me an encoder like the one I posted up top. Thanks for the reply.