Abb acs800 replace fan

Group 145 is not part of the visible parameters and therefore will not appear in any public-accessed Instruction Manual document.

Group 145 is part of the "hidden parameter" world and not generally available for any purpose.

ACS800 Fault Code

Hi there,

I have changed out an existing VFD ACS800 to replace a faulty VFD ASD800, I changed all the parameters to suit the what the faulty VFD had originally. When attempting to test the unit, we get the fault code I/O COMMS ERR (7000)

Has anyone got any ideas of how to get rid of this fault code, and what it actually means.

Many thanks

SOLUTION

Okay so I made this account JUST to reply and solve this problem for everyone...
To reset the fan counter do as follows

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-"..." Should appear for a brief moment
Go to parameter 145 (yes 145 now exists, before it only went to 99)
-go to sub-parameter 13 Titled "FAN ON-TIME"
-Press enter
-now you must hold the down arrow until you have brought the hours down to zero. This will take some time as it only decreases in increments of 10, my counter is at 50 000+
-once back to zero press enter. Problem solved, drive should run immediately if being called on to start

Go to parameter 16-03 again
-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

Now you are done. ACT button out and let fly!

Hope this helps everyone reading this in the future

This worked like a charm, took a while from 70k hours and down, but jammed a screwdriver between the enclosure door and button and did other tasks while waiting (y)

SOLUTION

Okay so I made this account JUST to reply and solve this problem for everyone...

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-Press enter
-now you must hold the down arrow until you have brought the hours down to zero. This will take some time as it only decreases in increments of 10, my counter is at 50 000+
-once back to zero press enter. Problem solved, drive should run immediately if being called on to start

-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

Hi ,
When I change the passcode to 2303 it changes back to 1, what could be the reason ?

hi,
"..." Should appear for a brief moment
this is not happening as soon as we change it to 2303 it changes back to 1 !
what is the possibility ?

This worked like a charm, took a while from 70k hours and down, but jammed a screwdriver between the enclosure door and button and did other tasks while waiting (y)

after enter passcode, why don't you come back to 16.12??? you can make reset counter by once press "enter" 🍻(y)

SOLUTION

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-Press enter

-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

than you Milspecelectrician, that was helpful.
as for the manual it says 1.44 , but 44 sub-menu is not exist.
following your solution fixed the problem.
thank you.

This does not seem to work. Have tried both in drive windows and the front panel setting from 0 to 2303 but it just reverts back to 0 with no change to parameters?
Weird one about half of our drives have the same parameters hidden and the other half are accessible and done compare against the different drives there is not much difference that stands out.

Totally works

SOLUTION

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-Press enter

-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

I tried this to clear the fan alarms and now is solved, but I have a new problem, we can't read the parameter of current because it shows: FLTD INT.
I was searching in the user manual but I couldn't find that failure.

Any ideas, please. Thanks in advance

SOLUTION

Go to parameter 16-03
-enter 2303 as passcode
-press enter
-Press enter

-Press enter
-enter 358 as passcode
-press enter

It was really useful.thanks

ACS800 PWR Mod Fan Hrs Reset (Alarm 4280)

ACS800 Only. See note on ACS880
Parameter numbers are different depending on the firmware you have in the drive.

ACS880 Systems Firmware:
1) Parameter 1.30 = hour of power module fan runtime. Trip at approximately 60,000 hrs. Generates alarm 4280 "REPLACE FAN"
2) After replacing fan (recommended) Reset the counter:
(a) Set Parameter 16.03 = 2303 (will go back to 0)
(b) Set Parameter 16.09 = 1
(c) Verify that Parameter 1.30 had reset to zero
(d) Set Parameter 16.03 = 358

ACS880 Standard Firmware (off the shelf):
1) Parameter 1.44 = hour of power module fan runtime. Trip at approximately 60,000 hrs (7yr). Generates alarm 4280 "REPLACE FAN"
2) After replacing fan (recommended) Reset the counter:
(a) Set Parameter 16.03 = 2303 (will go back to 0)
(b) Set Parameter 16.12 = 1
(c) Verify that Parameter 1.44 had reset to zero
(d) Set Parameter 16.03 = 358

For the DCS880 just press the reset button on the keypad module for >3sec.