Working hours saving using PCS 7 instead of TIA Portal

yell

Hi experts,
I would like to have some opinions from you :)

I have to estimate working hours using PCS 7 on a quite big project.
I am a PCS 7 user but my colleagues, that I will work with, are not.
After training, do you think that there is a time saving (and how much in %) on working hours using PCS 7 instead of Tia Portal/S7?

I have some numbers, I would like to know your opinion just to see if I am completely out of track or not :)
Thanks

It depends on some things

- Do you still have standard blocks and WinCC faceplates written for the S7 in TIA portal, or do you start from scratch?
- Are you allowed to use the PCS7 APL, or do you have to develop special PCS7 faceplates for the customer. APL blocks are ready and tested with corresponding WinCC faceplates, but you have to fiddle around with the many options of the APL block, to get it running as you want it.
- Is it your first PCS7 project? If not, then I would strongly recommend a Siemens course for at least a week or so. In a PCS7 system you can do many things so wrong, that you can't fix later in project time.

I recently had a PCS7 project where the customer has wrapped the APL block into their own interface (CFC plan in plan). But this was done so bad, that I estimate if I had done it with my own blocks and WinCC faceplates without PCS7, it would have taken half the time.

- We have our standard on S7 but the customer asked PCS7 mandatory. I am just trying to figure out how much time is needed for the development. I think a little bit less than using our S7 standard (the project is big and the APL will help a lot)
- standard APL will be used. I am very conservative when I use DCSs: going custom means suicide (unless the custom blocks are well tested, but it means lot of hours of R&D).
- not first project for me. I already did the basic course and a commissiong. I am not able to program custom blocks in WinCC but I don't want to.

Thanks for your reply ;)