MotionView OnBoard

lam2363

Hello All,

I am trying to run a Servo Motor using the MotionView OnBoard web interface that comes on the Kinetix 300 drives. I have a Tamagawa Seiki Servo Motor(P/N: M0750-102-5-000) and a Kinetix 300 Servo Drive (P/N:2097-V33PR5). I have configured the motor in the software. It will rotate during AutoPhasing. My issue comes in when I try to run it in indexing mode after that. I have gone through the auto-tuner multiple times. I have even tried to manually tune it but it will not spin in indexing mode at all. Instead the current spikes, the motor makes a little bit of noise (mostly high pitches and some sort of crackling type noise.) and the drive faults out on an E19 Excess Position Error fault (probably because it wont spin...). I suspect my issue is in the tuning but I haven't had any luck with that. I know the motor is good because it works on another brand of servo drive that we have here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am about out of ideas.

Attached is my configuration for the MotionView OnBoard Software, not sure if it of any use but its there.

Thanks,

Lucas

It is an incremental encoder 2500 counts per rev I believe. From what i understand the auto phasing checks that the feedback is correct (encoder channels, hall sensors, etc.) maybe I am mistaken otherwise. I have a feeling my gains are just way to high but i really don't know what is reasonable as this is my first cut at servo drives and motors and such.

Thanks for the response,

Lucas

Do you happen to have a motor brake on the system? I had something similar happening to me a couple months ago when I was setting up my first Kinetix300 system until I selected what output the drive should use as the brake control.

-Benaiah

I have tried both a loaded and unloaded system. I am quite sure that there is not brake on the motor. Today I tried the second setup identical to the first one I mentioned above. I have tried using the auto tuner as well as manual tuning and it does the exact same thing that the first setup did. just to recap the current spikes the motor does not rotate at all and then it faults with an E19 Excess Position Error Code. I tried assigning a brake output one of the drives and I still get the same thing.

Thanks,

Lucas