EDS & AOPs

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
I am trying to understand the functionality of the the new EDS features and how they relate to add on profiles in RSLogix 5000 version 20.

Scenario.
Contrologix rack with a EN2T connected to an ETAP2F.
The Etap is added to the tree in Logix.

Can the EDS file for the Etap be modified to create an IO connection to generate controller tags or this a firmware limitation of the device.

Regards Alan Case

Hi Alan

If I understand your question you at asking if the tags can be created like when you add a Allen Bradley are or something like congnex camera will create its own tags when you now add it in with ver 20

great question but sorry I dont have an answer for you. But I am working with a very good Rockwell guy next week and if you don't get a answer I will ask him

Donnchadh

Hi Donnchadh.
That is correct. Wondering wether I can modify or make a new EDS to allow tags for the device to appear like you can for the Cognex.
Regards Alan