PanelView PLus 700. Get app from CF card.

Rescobedo

Hello, good day.

I do you know if it is possible to get a PanelView plus 700 application from the compact flash card inside the device?

We are facing a problem where the Panel got damaged and we can't see the screen nor communicate with it.

Our customer wants to retrieve the application because they don't have a back up file.

So my question is: Is it possible to get the application from Compact Flash, or if there exists an other way?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Last edited:
Dissasemble the PanelView, take the internal CF card and read it on your PC. The MER file is stored in Rockwell Software > RSViewME > Runtime.

Hello, both answers are invaluable to me, thank you so much!
I really appreciate it.
I'll try it this weekend and let you know the results.

Regards.

Hello, got a new question. Do I need some special driver to read the Cf card?
My computer can't read it. :/
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

No special driver needed, it is a standard format, I think FAT32.

If you can't read it, it may have been "toasted" when the PanelView died.

A PanelView Plus CF card actually contains several partitions, some of which are not readable by ordinary Windows computers.

But the main storage partition is definitely FAT16 formatted and will show up as a normal lettered drive, with the \Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime folder.

If it doesn't, then I agree that something dramatic happened to the terminal.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Are you using an internal or external CF reader? Can you read other CF cards in the same computer? Did you try reading the card in other computer?

Hello, I tried to read CF card on an other computer and got same result, is not even detected by the system. I just get the message "Installing device driver" and then "Diver not found".
So the card has no letter assigned, thus, I can't see the contents.
I'm afraid that the CF is dead :(
Thanks for all your support.

You should not need a driver to read the actual card, only to interface the card reader itself...
What are you using for a card reader?

I have a Panasonic Cf-53 toughbook with integrated PCMCIA, here I use an adapter from CF to PCMCIA. On a desktop computer I use the integrated CF card reader.

You are missing the driver for your adapter
Try first installing the driver, if you have another working cf card try to read it to see where the issue is coming from