Changing Controller Type in Logix5000

Lovell

I am trying to use RSLogix 5000 to load a project into a processor that is different from the one in the program. I tried to change the processor type in the program but since the previous one has on board ethernet - it does not give me the option to switch to one without onboard ethernet.

Prev. processor:1756-L85E
Curr. processor:1756-L74

Any suggestions?

What software version are you running? There is a minimum version that supports the L8x controllers.

The manual says the L85E support starts at v28

Interesting ! I've been able to switch from ControlLogix to CompactLogix with embedded Ethernet.

I would approach it by exporting to *.L5K format, then creating a dummy project with the 1756-L74 and 1756-ENxT, and swapping out the Controller and root Network bridge module definition sections.

Interesting ! I've been able to switch from ControlLogix to CompactLogix with embedded Ethernet.

I would approach it by exporting to *.L5K format, then creating a dummy project with the 1756-L74 and 1756-ENxT, and swapping out the Controller and root Network bridge module definition sections.

Thanks Ken, that worked - had to delete an Ethernet section as well since the port did not exist.

"CONFIG EthernetPort1(Label := "1",
PortEnabled := 1) END_CONFIG"