Controllogix version of 1763-NC01

Alan Case

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi.
I need to connect the serial port of a ControlLogix PLC (DB9) to a serial port of a Kingfisher telemetry unit (RJ45 style plug) It is easy to do with a micrologix unit as I can use the 1763-NC01 unit. Does Rockwell make a DB9 breakout cable as such or are there adaptors/cables to do this function.
Regards Alan Case

I've done this by just cutting the end off a serial cable and putting a rj45 connector on.
(note: not to connect to a kingfisher unit, i was talking to a perle)

The 1763-NC01 breaks our the RS485 connections from the Micrologix 8 pin DIN port. The 9 pin serial connection on the ControlLogix does not have RS485 pins. Does the Kingfisher unit use RS232 or RS485? Also - what protocol will you be using? The Micrologix have Modbus RTU available. The ControlLogix do not have it natively.