Help with analog input module wiring!!!

Joel201

Hello,

I am so confused now with the analog input module wiring. I am about to use a 9900 GF Signet transmitter for my analog input. I saw the wiring in the manual which is loop powered. My analog input module is from phoenix contact IB IL 24 AI4/I-PAC can anyone help me to confirm if it is compatible or do i need different analog input module.

Thanks,
Joel

Why don't you post the links to each of manuals and the page numbers where the analog wiring is shown?

yes yes yes i quite understand that but i am confused because the internal wiring of the analog input module has a +24vdc out on the + side of each terminal so if i connect it like that there will be 24vdc on the + side of the transmitter from the power supply and 24vdc on the - side of the transmitter from the + side of the plc terminal

as i see on picture it has only +I1 -I1, +I2 -I2 ... which means these can be used as differential inputs also. and the module itself has power suply that is 24 VDC

hmmm with what you said can i wire my transmitter with the analog input module? or do i need to change the analog input module?

Thanks again

btw my problem is that the analog input module is active cause in the manual it says that the wiring connection are for passive sensors. Now when i am checking the transmitter i begun to be confused if it is a active or passive device. i am confused to because in the PLC manual in the internal wiring diagram part there seems to be a 24vdc in the + side of the module.

btw my problem is that the analog input module is active cause in the manual it says that the wiring connection are for passive sensors. Now when i am checking the transmitter i begun to be confused if it is a active or passive device. i am confused to because in the PLC manual in the internal wiring diagram part there seems to be a 24vdc in the + side of the module.

I don't see where you're getting 24vdc on the + side of the module. I assume you're referencing page 7 of the input module manual. If you look closely there is no connection between the 24vdc going to the card and the wiring for the inputs. Note the use of broken lines where the wiring crosses. This is just showing that the 24vdc passes through the card for use by the next card in the rack.

Your link to the Signet manual is broken but I was able to find the manual for the transmitter on the GF website. You will need to run 24vdc+ to Loop+ on the transmitter, then from Loop- on the transmitter to I+ of the input module. I- of the module will go to 0vdc. Depending on which flow sensor you're using, you may also need to connect 24vdc+ and 0vdc to PWR+ and PWR- on the transmitter (see page 11 of the manual).

You're components should work just fine together. Good luck.

Everyone thanks for the replies i already ask signet for it and they said that they didn't put a wiring diagram for PLC input with built in power supply so its settled. My problem now is the signal splitter from phoenix because every splitter and signal conditioner they have have only 4-wire input signal