S120 torque control : limit speed

Plc_User

We will use a S120 drive for wheight compensation.
The drive has to give extra force on a wheigt that is attached to cables.
Problem now is, if the cables would brake the weight would completely fall, becaus also the torque of the drive is in down direction. We want to assure now that the wheigt can only fall at a reduced speed controlled by the drive. In the function plan 6640 of S120 I see there is speed limiting for torque control, but because of the falling wheight the torques should be opposite to the normal applied torque.
Will the speed limiting function in torque control be able to reverse automatically its direction if the maximum speed limit is hit?
What does the speed limit function in torque control do exactly : only reduction of speed of control,
can it also generate torque opposite to the setpoint?