allen bradley 1756 enbt v3.9 to v4.7

larry austin

Hello ok here is what i have im running rs logixs 5000 and have two racks connected thur two 1756 enbt/a enther net cards about a month ago i lost rack 0 1756 card that was a version 3.9 and replaced it with a version 4.007 system is running fine problem is now on the opertor interface of machine i can not get on line with the plc that is in rack 0
rs links shows a ? mark but i can still see rack 1 and aux equipment that are a slc 5/05 and a panel veiw 1200 plus just fine and when i hook my lap top up i see every thing just fine and can get on line with everything thur lap top the diffence between the laptop and the opertor interfaces are laptop is running rs links classic pro. and intface has rs links classic lite and lap top is running rs logixs 5000 v 15.02 and interface has rs logix 5000 v15.01 and also when i set the parmeters for the new card i set it as ver. 4.7 instead of 4.007 i do not know if this could be issue any help would be much appeciated

You have a couple of options to get rid of the question mark on the RSLinx for the Ethernet Card.

You can try Right Clicking it, and see if Upload EDS is an option.

You can go to AB and Download the EDS and Import it into RSLinx.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/resources/eds/

After you have resolved that, you can try and re-establish Communications with the PanelView Plus. The PV+ has its own version of RSLinx, and you will have to sort that out. You might need to rebuild the MER Files, and Download it to the PanelView Plus again. Someone with more experience with the PV+ should be able to help you with that.

Stu....