RSLogix5000 tag values

jshiepe

I know we've discussed various ways to retain data table values from a running program in a SLC500 when downloading a new program(copy and paste the various data tables from the online file to the offline file before downloading, etc.), but how would this be accomplished in the ContolLogix?

Say I have a running app in a ControlLogix that I need to make major changes to that will take an extended period of time(a week, for example). I get all the changes made and want to download my new program, but I want to retain any tag values because of changes that may have been made during the past week(operator parameters, e.g.). What would be the best way to do this?

I'm kinda new to ControlLogix/RSLogix5000, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

rd is right,
There is no way as of yet to do "just" a logic download on Controllogix. They have come up with the tag upload/download. So just before downloading your new program, upload the tags and their values, then download them after the program update. Unfortunately it will not initialize new tags created by your update. I don't think there was an option like that in any other PLC either.