RSLogix500 and RSLogix500 Profession, differences ?

GTX

Hi

It's time for me to upgrade to some new RSLogix500 software and my vendor is telling there I can either get RSLogix500 regular or RSLogix 500 Professional. He couldn't really tell me the significant difference between the two pieces of sofware so can anybody here help me out ?

Thanks !!

GTX said:
Hi

It's time for me to upgrade to some new RSLogix500 software and my vendor is telling there I can either get RSLogix500 regular or RSLogix 500 Professional. He couldn't really tell me the significant difference between the two pieces of sofware so can anybody here help me out ?

Thanks !!

Hi,

RSLogix 500 Pro comes with RSEmulate where you can do off-line stimulation of your PLC coding. But not all instruction can be emulated (BTR,BTW...etc)

Pro also comes with custom graphical monitor, you can draw some push button or graph to work with your program during emulation or online with the PLC.

I'm sure there are a few more....these is the two I remember :)

Time for a new vendor.
The professional version is a package deal where you get emulate, some of the RSNetworx products etc as well as RSLogix 500. (The pro version of RSLogix 500 has a few minor enhancements. ie VB add ons) There maybe more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.
PS. How can someone sell something and not know what they are selling???
Regards Alan Case

Alan Case said:
PS. How can someone sell something and not know what they are selling???
Regards Alan Case

LOL Have you been to Home depot/Future shop/ the source/best buy.......the list goes on and on!!! Its scary sometimes how these people actully keep there job..

D

have u got a cell phone latly they don't even know how a cell tower works or how the phone works

RSLogix500 Standard (9324-RL0300ENE):
RSLogix500 standard
RSLinx Lite

RSLogix500 Professional (9324-RL0700NXENE):
RSLogix500 Pro (includes Microsoft VBA)
RSNetworx for DeviceNet/ControlNet/Ethernet/IP
RSLogix Emulate500
RSLinx Lite