Direct Logic 305

ELarsen

Greetings to all,
I have a situation with a DL305, Bridge CPU F3 PMUX-1. There are to LED on the cpu, one reset and one addr. It is connected to a PC with a ribbon cable. The cpu will light the reset and the addr, then it will unlight the reset and the addr will flicker. The equipment will not operate when both lights are on, but it will function normally with the addr flickering. Any suggestions as to why this change in light status occurs w/o any equipment being used. Is this a gremlin or a programming problem or what? Thanks in advance for any leads.

Ed

The 305 Bridge CPUs were made by Facts Engineering and sold through TI and then through AutomationDirect. Contact Facts Engineering for some help. www.facts-eng.com

This unit is used for I/O usually using a parallel bus to a PC or single board computer for logic. I used to use the Optomux bridge CPU with single board computers, but I've never used the Pamux unit.

You could have a bad module, a bad cable, or noise interfering with the communications.

The manual is at: http://www.facts-eng.com/manuals/f3pmux1m.pdf