Diagnostics of Profibus PA devices on Step7

guilhermecgs

I have a S7-400 with IM153 PA Master connected with the PLC. The IM153 have several couplers to connect with the Profibus PA devices, acting as a link.

The question is, how can I perform the life list of all PA devices thought the CLP. I have used SFC51 to get the life list of all DP devices but, as PA devices are "hidden under the link" I don´t know how to get this information. Is there a way to use SFC51 in the same way above, or not? Do I have to use SFC59 or SFB 52? Does anyone have a example program?

thanks

There are two possibilities to obtain life list of PA devices connected do DP/PA Link.
1. Reading diagnostic data of underlaying PA slaves with SFC59 (SFB52). Diagnostic frame always starts with standarized 6 bytes where you can find single bit that tells you that slave is present or not. But it requires reading diagnostic data of all PA slaves.
2. Reading diagnostic data of DP/PA link with SFC13 or SFC51. In the diagnostic record you can find field named Status Message. It cointains two parts:
- first with information about PA slaves that are reporting diagnostic,
- second with list of PA slaves that are engaged in data exchange with IM153-2 (similar to life list).
For more information look to the DP/PA Link manual:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?func=cslib.csinfo&lang=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW&objid=23654018&treeLang=en

Dear Gregory..

I have posted this question in many foruns, and you are the guy who answered me the best.

But.. I still have some questions...
I was having a hard time trying to implement SFC59. The input parameters and the help files are so hard to understand. So.. this are my questions:
1)What´s the diference between SFC59 and SFB52
2)Do you have a example of the use of SFC59/SFB52?
3)I´m still in development phase of the project. So, I dont have actually the PA devices. I just have the CPU. Is there any way to test these functions.

Really thank you by your patient and consideration

More information

Im sucessful reading the data from IM 153(6ES7153-2BA81-0XB0). But, I cant read all diagnostic bytes. Im reading now only the 6 firsts bytes of the Standard diagnosis. All other bytes are not being read.

A "LOG1"
= L 59.0
BLD 103
A "Pulse 1 Hz"
JNB _007
CALL "DPNRM_DG"
REQ :=L59.0
LADDR :=W#16#3FFD
RET_VAL:=#aux2
RECORD :=P#DB15.DBX50.0 BYTE 240
BUSY :=#aux3
_007: NOP 0