allen bradley rs5000 sequencer instruction help

melbert

:( I am a student working with rslogix5000, and allen bradley 5550 plc. I am trying to use a sequencer instuction to sequence some robot arms. I don't know how to set up the array. I keep getting errors like: invalid array subscript specifier, invalid array destination. What I am looking for is a point in the right direction of information i can read. the rslogix online manual in the program has not helped me in the least setting up the array part of the sequencer.

If the online help isn't thorough enough for you, go to the Instruction Set Reference.

http://www.ab.com/manuals/cl/1756-rm003f-en-p.pdf

Chapter 9 is dedicated to the Sequencer instructions in the Logix family of controllers.

It sounds to me like you simply haven't created the Array tag yet; just because you type it in as an argument doesn't make the controller create it. Go to the Tag database for your program and make sure the Array exists as an array already !

Your post was a litle abrupt; it always helps to post a little of what you've already tried and the specifics of your error message... especially if you're a student.

thanks for replying. i did have an array tag made but i made it tha wrong way. i had: seq_array[0] as the tag name and it didn't like the [0]. my teacher didn't know how to fix it either until he sat down with me and we worked it out together creating another array tag as a test. :)