WinCC migration

orense

Hello,

I did a migration from a OP27 panel Protool configuration to a OP277 panel configuration in WinCC. First I did OP27 to OP270 in Protool, then I opened it in WinCC and changed it to OP277.

It looks ok, I had to do some minor adjustments like fonts etc..,
but it looks ok.

I am wondering if anybody else has some experiences with these migrations and if it you can trust the migration process.
I don't want to sell anything to a client and get the email afterwards telling me it is not working properly because the migration is not 100%

Any experiences??

reg
Andreas

It's been a while since I did it but from memory the conversion process produces a log file that will tell you about what did and didn't translate. Check the alarm handling translated correctly as alarms are handled differently in WinCC Flexible.

The only other suggestion I can offer is to run PLC simulator and then run WinCC Flexible in runtime to test out the functions.

Nick

Sorry Andreas, but from my experiences with Protool/WinCCflex migrations there's no such thing as trusting it! The rebuild command will not solve all issues, in fact some problems won't even be detected by the compiler.

You'll have to check everything manually, especially stuff like graphs and some properties like visibility, etc. Like Nick said, use WinCCflex Runtime if you're not on site, but do make sure you've tested EVERY function before shipping the OP.

Thanks for answers...

In fact, trends and visibility are the things I have been struggling with after the migration. Visibility end up inverted and the trends act funny for no obvious reason...

Andreas