Siemens S7-400, Exporting the online DB values to Excel or text file

mailken

I am currently working on a project where i need to save the online DB values to a .CSV or text file. This has to be done at say an interval of 1second.

I will be logging test data at a fixed sampling time (sa stated above)into the PLC internal DB's. This then needs to be saved into a '.CSV' , text or '.INI' file making room for the next sampling data.

Can any one out there help me and guide me from where to start. I can do some simple programming in C as well.

I'd start by looking at an OPC server.

You could also save the data from that DB into another storage DB and recover at longer intervals.

Similar Topics

Hello All, I'm currently working on a project in which I am logging a lot of test data to internal DB's in the PLC. All data are logged via a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Yesterday, I was at a customer site. I made one little change. Changed a dummy bool output to an actual output. I didn't add any tags, or...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm working on a project where I need to exchange data between a Siemens S7-1200 PLC and an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 PLC. The...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon. I am having a problem going online with S7-400. Attached is the error that I am getting. I have looked at the help file but the...
Replies
Views
I can't replace cpu S400 416-3XR05-0AB0 BY 416-3ER05-0AB0 in PCS7 Project when using replace object to keep the original configuration in the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom