trending with RSLogix 5k

unsaint32

I am studying how to trend in RSLogix 5000. The PLC is Controllogix 5000 (5571). As you can see in the picture I am attaching, I added 4 tags to trend.

question #1) Why do I get the crazy numbers like 10.0000e-7? The three top tags are BOOL type tags. Why don't I get just 0 and 1, like the second tag in the table in the upper left corner of the picture?

question #2) So, is trending something I can do while I am offline? If I want to trend those tags over night, do I have to run RSLogix 5000 connected to the PLC online over night?

question #3) The bottom tag is an analog tag. At the moment the range of the value was between 1373~1378. Is there a way for me to increase the range (change the scale)?

Thanks.

trend.jpg

Hi

I would start by stopping the trend and then right click in the trend and you will see properties tab. Go to both the x and y axis and from here you can adjust your scale, time span etc. I normally keep my bool and analogue on different trends unless I really need them together as it's easier to look at and jus remember you can have a number if trends running at once. I have never come across any other way than have the laptop connected to the plc to run the trends as I understand it the software is on your laptop and not in the plc.

Hope this helps

Donnchadh

I am studying how to trend in RSLogix 5000. The PLC is Controllogix 5000 (5571). As you can see in the picture I am attaching, I added 4 tags to trend.

question #1) Why do I get the crazy numbers like 10.0000e-7? The three top tags are BOOL type tags. Why don't I get just 0 and 1, like the second tag in the table in the upper left corner of the picture?

question #2) So, is trending something I can do while I am offline? If I want to trend those tags over night, do I have to run RSLogix 5000 connected to the PLC online over night?

question #3) The bottom tag is an analog tag. At the moment the range of the value was between 1373~1378. Is there a way for me to increase the range (change the scale)?

Thanks.

#1, the scale for the bool tags is way too large.... also see answer to #3

#2, you cannot trend "offline" - the trend facility is built into the programming software, not the PLC itself. To trend you must be online to the controller all the time.

#3, the default setting for the y-axis scaling is "Automatic, based on the tag min and max values" - which is about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot... I suggest you edit each pen min and max values, and then choose "Scale each trace to the values from the pen's min and max values". To get BOOL tags to trend nicely, you can either "offset" their traces by choosing pen scales to separate the traces, or you can choose "Isolated Graphing", which effectively creates separate, synchronised charts.