Yaskawa drive to Control Logix 5000

psycotic

Hi! I'm currently trying to implement my first AB Control Logix PLC program using Yaskawa P1000 drives (7 of them).. I haven't managed to make a connection to them yet, but I'm moving forward step by step. I'm using the SI-EN3 Ethernet/IP connection to the drives. My question today is:

I have them all setup as generic ethernet devices, using Input Assembly Instance 71, size 2 / and Output 21, size 2. This should give me tags I can manipulate for turning the drive on and off, and setting the speed reference. I need to know what the running current (amps) are. Looking at the specs on the yaskawa drive, it shows option F7-18 on the drive is for "Sets the scaling factor for the output current monitor in EtherNet/IP class ID 2AH Object.

How do I access the class ID 2AH Object? I see maybe I need to use a MSG command? But I couldn't see how to edit a MSG command to tell it what class and object I needed.

Obviously, I'm very new to Allen Bradley, and Ethernet/IP..I have used Ethernet/IP on an automation direct PLC with success. AB seems to be trickier.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!

Dave

Please look up for application note:
AN.AFD.22 from yaskawa.
Application Note:
Using Yaskawa's EtherNet/IP Options with ControlLogix and CompactLogix Controllers
Applicable Options(s): CM092, CM093, SI-EN3, SI-EN3/V

They explain exactly what you are looking for.

The EDS file is installed in the Logix file when you install the drive I the network tree.
take a few minutes look up using EDS files in Logix 5000 help it will explain it.