RSLOGIX 5 analog edits

turbohamad

Hello experts;

Good day. Is there any document about rslogix 5 in which it explain how to edit online values and bits. Actually i want to add two transmitters in the previous program but i am confuse how i add this because the read and write block addresses confuses me that what address i assign for them?

Please share the document in which complete procedure of how analog values added in the previous program.

Regards

It sounds like you're adding devices to an existing module. If that is the case addresses are already assigned. You should find in your program the BTR and BTW for the module you want to use. You will have to determine rack, group, and slot number of your module to be sure you're looking at the correct BTR / BTW (provided there's more than one analog module)

Hopefully the module was set up in the IO configuration and you can double click setup in either the BTR or BTW command and see descriptions of inputs used and unused and the addresses of the raw data of the inputs. The setup window is shown in post 7 of the link provided by tarik.

If the module was not setup in IO configuration, choosing setup will show a message stating this R/G/M doesn't exist in the IO table. In that case you should consult the user guide for that model module to find the structure of the input data. The BTR command for that module will show the starting address of data for that module.

You might have to look further at the configuration data written to the module by the BTW command but there's a good chance all channels are useable as is. If the module is configured in the IO table, this configuration is easily seen and changed in the setup window. Otherwise, consult the user guide for the data structure.

the easy way = post your ENTIRE project file (.RSP extension) ... then tell us what type of sensors you want to add (4 to 20 mA ... range ... etc.) ... we should be able to give you much more detailed help that way ...

Hello experts;

I have already configured Input analog module but i want to know how to start the new address of BTR/BTW. Please share any example for better understanding. The signal type is 4-20mA and EU is 0 to 100 PSI transmitter.
Please share example in which step by step procedure describe.
Thanks
Regards