Panelview

tomneth

Hi everyone.

Part of a project I'm working on includes a Panelview connected to a Modicon 984A processor. I originally asked for the Enhanced Panelview because we have a similar machine with a SLC 5/04 and the enhanced Panelview model. I bought the 1400e software and hoped to copy the program from the similar machine and change the tags to correspond to Modicon addresses. Sometime into the project I was told that Allen Bradley no longer offers the enhanced model Panelview with Modbus interface so I ended up with the standard Panelview (with Modbus interface).

Of course the standard model uses Panelbuilder 32 software. I believe that the application program from a standard Panelview can be converted and loaded into the enhanced model but not vice versa.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to convert the application program from the enhanced Panelview into the Standard Panelview? Thanks.

in nominalis

Bad news.

The only thing the Standard PanelView and the Enhanced PanelView have in common is their brand name. You can't translate a PanelBuilder "e" project into PanelBuilder32 or vice versa.

It sounds like you got a bum steer in the first place; PanelView "e" terminals never had any non-AB protocol options that I know about.

Thanks Ken. That's not the answer I was hoping for but I guess I'll just get busy and start working on the standard PanelView.