Humidty Sensors with PLC

QasimFSH

Hi All,

I have got Schneider`s TM221CE16R, and I have to control a few devices according to the humidity level. Is it possible to integrate humidity sensors with PLC? I am struggling to find any suitable humidity sensors..any help will be highly regarded.

Thanks

I have used the Dwyer sensor in your link in a couple of applications. It is cheaply made but seems to be holding up well and reasonably accurate.

Are you just wanting to measure the humidity of ambient air? in a duct?

Tell us more about the application to get better advice.

I have used the Dwyer sensor in your link in a couple of applications. It is cheaply made but seems to be holding up well and reasonably accurate.

Are you just wanting to measure the humidity of ambient air? in a duct?

Tell us more about the application to get better advice.

I am controlling the operation of our evaporator system, used for cooling water. So, yes, it is essentially the humidity of air coming into a duct..

Be aware of temperature operating limits of capacitive humidity sensors.

It isn’t clear whether your application requires absolute humidity, relative humidity or dewpoint.

You might want to contact Rotronics or Vaisala (industrial humidity sensor vendors) for advice on model selection.

Gone through all of them; all look good. The cheapest one I get is probably the one from Dwyer. Does anyone of you by any chance know any cheaper options? Maybe under AU$100? Thanks a ton

when possible use a simple Pt100 and one wetted Pt100, now you know both items you need. The only drawback is you will need to put water in the unit once a week.
it is chep durable can withstand dirt and contamination.