SLC 5/04 and Ethernet

Firejo,

So ON ENI side is set RS232 baud rate on Auto, Ethernet on auto, and just is set IP address and subnet mask.

SLC DF1 (channel 0) settings are
driver : DF1 full duplex
Parity None
Stop bits 0
No handshaking
Error detection CRC
Embedded responses Enabled
Duplicate packet detect enabled
Source ID 9
Baud rate I tried to vary from 19200 to 1200 step by step but from RS Linx ethernet devices driver I can see only ENI card and DF1 port, Normally it should detect SLC5/04 on ENI IP address but it doesn't.

thank you

Ken,
thanks for your explanation, I got your point but it will be difficult for me to do it here, I'm offshore, and spares or new stuff is coming very rarely here..

Firejo, you asked me for the cable, cable is the one for Micro logix connection to serial Port, the one that is supported by ENi card to connect DF1 port to RS232 port on ENI.

Please create a new thread for your new question.

In general, you can connect via a 1761-NET-ENI to a single SLC-5/0x controller's DF1 Channel 0 serial port. If that doesn't work, you need to examine the configuration of the Net-ENI, the configuration of the SLC-5/0x serial port, and the cable connecting them. It's not complex and the default settings do work.

However, you cannot use the usual EtherNet/IP to DF1 bridging function to connect to a network of SLC-5/04 controllers using DF1/DH+ passthrough. The DF1 side of the 1761-NET-ENI is built to communicate DF1 point-to-point with only one device.

What you can do in such a case is use the 1761-NET-ENI as a Virtual Serial Port, allowing you to set of a DF1 driver in RSLinx with a "KF2" device type. This requires a 1761-NET-ENI Series D or later unit, and can also be done with a general-purpose Ethernet/Serial terminal server device.
I have no problem to connect SLC 5/04 to NET-ENI. But I have no idea how to get rid of the fag in S:5/14. The asserted bit cause lost modem alarm.