Pilz PSS and PMImicro

Hello All,

I'm about to install and commission a Pilz "PMImicro" AKA "PMI 107m" HMI device onto a Pilz Programable Safety System (PSS SB 3006-3 CN-A).
I'm somewhat familiar with this Pilz PSS system and the PSS WIN-PRO software used to program/fault find it. I've done a little of their official training and spent some time looking around online to our own PSS.
I don't consider myself knowledgable enough about this system (or safety systems in general) to attempt to modify the "fail safe" code of this or any other safety PLC, however the PMImicro is not part of the failsafe system and SUPPOSEDLY comes ready to "plug and play".
Has anybody come across this combination of equipment? How did the commissioning go? Anything nasty I should watch out for?
It APPEARS as though customising the alarm messages this thing displays should be relatively easy - as well as tediously time consuming. Once again, has anybody done this and how did it go?