PanelMate Power Pro Password issue

Ratt

I have a new (to us) machine that has a Micrologix 1500 controller and communicates to a PanelMate Power Pro interface. We actually have 2 of these machines that are virtually identical. The problem I have is with the PanelMate... there is a password on adjusting the motor speed. We cant figure it out. The other machine we guessed it as 1111 however we've tried all obvious combinations and no luck on the second machine.

My main delima is I have nothing to communicate with the PanelMate. I do however have RSLinx and RSLogixs 500 and 5000 software. Not only do I not have the PanelMate Pro software/cable I do not have the funds to aquire them currently. Is there any way to defeat this password? I'm hoping there is a High Level password that I can use or something of that nature.

Thanking you all in advance for any help you can lend me/us!

Rob

Your best bet is to contact the equipment maker/previous owner to find out what the password is.

It is possible that they are using the PLC to handle password protection, in which case you might be able to find it in PLC code. But the PanelMate internal passwords may not be accessible at all without the programming software.

I would still suggest you try to get backup copies of all the software used on your machine in any case, so that your PLC code will have comments.

If you are required to maintain the PanelMates, you will eventually need the software to do so, which will make it very easy to retrieve the built-in passwords.

Paul