PanelView HMI Program

AnotherPLCguy

Hello Experts,

Is there a way to get the HMI program from a crashed AB PanelView ? We cannot even get to the boot screen to save it. Does this PanelView have a HDD similar to a typical computer that we can access its hard drive and copy the required HMI program ?

Thanks.

That program had to be generated on a computer somewhere. You will probably have more success running that down than trying to extract a program from a broken device. Some HMI's don't have an upload option. You can only download to it from a computer but not copy the program that is in the HMI. Find the original PanelBuilder program.

Which model PV? If I remember right the PV+ has a solid state memory card inside. But I don't know that even if you got the card out, you be able to read it without the PV.

Some more info would help:

What catalog, series and version is the PVP?
What do you see on the screen when it boots up?

The PanelView Plus 6 terminals have a default reset. That should work everytime.

You can also take the Display off of the logic module and just power that on; if a broken display was causing boot issues.

Plug it in USB to your PC (make sure you have the AB USB driver for it).

Older style PanelView Plus have a CF card inside. Remove the logic module, take the CF card out and plug it into your computer to copy the *.mer.

If Its a Older PV, PANELVIEW 1200 , Hopefully just the power supply failed,
just swap out power supply from new storeroom/replacement, backup up & running,
download program, go from there. Sounds like your PV has No CF/ATA-Card/SD installed,
suspecting older unit.