FTView SE - Indirect Addressing

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is it possible to display a value in FTView SE using indirect addressing?

For example, I have an array called String_Array of type STRING[10], and a DINT called Recipe_Pointer.

In Logix, I can use the expression String_Array[Recipe_Pointer] to get the contents of one element of that array, based on the value of Recipe_Pointer. Can I do something similar in FTView?

Ordinarily, I'd do the indirect addressing in the PLC and generate a "SCADA Display Tag" to be viewed in FTView SE. But in this application, the array and the pointer are in different PLC's. So I'll need to do something like:

{[PLC1]String_Array[{[PLC2]Recipe_Pointer}]}

I already have comms between the two PLC's so I can if necessary send the pointer from PLC2 to PLC1 and do it internally like normal. But I'm wondering if there's a neat way to do this in FTView without having to do that.

Ideas?

The only way I can think of is to build the tag dynamically in VBA, add it to a tag group, fetch it, and display it, but that has issues with updating the actual display.

That's roughly where I thought it would end up. If it's going to be that awkward I'll just send my pointer from PLC2 to PLC1 and have it do it's own indirect addressing internally.

Thanks!