FT View SE Client issues

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just installed FT View SE Client version 7 on a replacement XP machine. I'm running a network distributed application on a server. I copied the .cli file from another machine and am trying to run it but I'm having no luck. It runs but then asks for security info. Tech connect article guided me to placing new machine name in the FT Admin Console so I did that. I know that it took because now when I pull the app up in Studio, the computer shows up in the directory (the console and HMI server are on two separate vm's on our IDC). If I run the new client wizard, it tells me that it can't find the application. I know I'm on the domain because I can ping both ways and my site licenses show up in Activation Manager. I don't have much SE experience other than editing and any help is greatly appreciated!

Have you pointed the new client to the directory? The .cli file is just a configuration file that tells the client in what manner to run the SCADA application from the server, but the application itself still resides on the server, not the client. The client only knows where to find the server (and therefore the application) if it's got the FT Directory configured to tell it where it is.

I've been trying to. I think the issue is the Ft directory may have a different PW than the login to the server itself. When I run the "Specify directory location utility" it asks for a PW and I don't have that. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see if I can get that. Thanks