Recommended Ethernet cable for laptop

orense

Hi,

Dose anyone have recommendations for Ethernet cable for site-use with laptop? I usually use regular office cable, but the lock-pin usually breaks off and it starts falling out of the laptop or the plc.

Would need something robust but still light, medium length.

Anyone?

I just carry a spare or 2 in my laptop bag. I prefer snagless connectors on them.

For serious cables, I use harting or phoenix contact industrial connectors mostly.

I purposely break the tab off the connector that goes into my laptop.

I have had far too many people walk across my cable and pull my laptop to the floor.

Cheers

Mark

https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-w... wr700n-_-33-704-121-_-Product&quicklink=true

No wires to yank, no tabs to break. I've used one for years, really comes in handy and only $25. Not the only one on the market, but I've come to trust this particular one. It has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Here is my goto router..
https://www.amazon.com/HooToo-Wireless-10400mAh-External-Performance/dp/B074LHG47K/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1ZBFEOY1O2RMU&dchild=1&keywords=hootoo&qid=1608749539&s=electronics&sprefix=hootoo%2Celectronics%2C220&sr=1-7

I try to tie my cable to something next to my laptop so if someone trips on the cable the handrail it's tied to takes the impact and not my adapter