OT: x character returned in filepath

the_msp

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, slightly OT but I remember a thread here a while ago (that I've searched for and can't find) discussing a similar topic...

I am trying to open a file using Ignition's scripting

the format of the filepath is:

Code:
filepath = "\\machine\c$\Logs\03_filename.log"
file = open(filepath)

but the console returns:

No such file or directory: "\\machine\c$\Logs\x03_filename.log"

The problem as you can see it is adding the character "x" before the fielname prefix (day of month). If I rename the file as simply "handling" it opens the file ok.

From the thread I was reading before it mentioned using other characters to get round this, if I add a ' it removes the x but also the backslash altogether;

Code:
filepath = "\\machine\c$\Logs\'03_filename.log"
file = open(filepath)

No such file or directory: "\\machine\c$\Logs03_filename.log"

Hi Russ, I tried that;

Code:
filepath = "\\machine\c$\Logs\\'03_filename.log"
file = open(filepath)

returns

'No such file or directory', "\\machine\\c$\\Logs\\'03_filename.log"

Tried a few other combinations, no joy so far.

Thanks

Have you tried split and concatenate?
filepath = "\\machine\c$\Logs\" + "03_filename.log"

Yes, but according to the ignition manual:

"This is a regular string"
'This one uses single quotes'
"This string uses \"escaping\" to include quotes inside the string"

So I then tried:

filepath = '\\machine\c$\Logs\' + "31_filename.log"

which seems to build it as the original string, something funny going on cause day 31 returns:

'No such file or directory', '\\machine\\c$\\Logs\x19_filename.log'

Will maybe give the ignitions forums a go, see if any one has seen this before there

It's interpreting the number as octal and returning it as hex with the hex indicator 'x' prepended. I have no idea about the rest of the stuff.

Last edited: