Wonderware conversion

stevensonjeff

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,
We have two ovens running Wonderware Intouch apps in version 8.0. We got version 10.0 software on our shop laptop so were playing with converting the apps to the newer version. At first we would get the conversion to start but would halt with a "Cannot find DLL: "docview"" error. Found a post from DaveW that suggested getting into the running application and copy the Docview.DLL file into Intouch. We did that, started conversion again, but got an error "Could not load view32w.dll". Conversion failed again. Went back to the running application and searched for view32w.dll, but came up empty. Any ideas what we are doing wrong?

Hey Jeff,

I couldn't find much online about this specific error either, but I have worked a lot with Wonderware and definitely one of their strong suites in my opinion is free customer support. If you have exhausted all other options, then try calling your nearest distributor for tech support. Most of them are more than willing to help, and will send you all the tech notes that are relevant to whatever you are doing.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

That docviewer will get you every time. The easiest way I have found is to edit it in the original version and delete everywhere it uses that ActiveX control, making note of the file it's opening. Then convert it, which should go smooth. Then use the newer document viewer and add them back in.