Rockwell hack attack on a ControlLogix

Looks legit.
VxWorks (or VxNotWorks) is really widespread so vulnerabilities like these have great impact.

I checked some of the manufacturers bulletins and for ABB one of the products was 800xA, the high end DCS system with a wide user base in alot of industry but most critically in heat and power generation - that is not good.

How is this NOT in the news?

I don't think there are confirmed attack yet. It will take quite a bit more work to develop it into an attack package like Stuxnet and it will also require physical access for vast majority of control network. However, it's a matter of time. I doubt most end user would replace their systems just to avoid this specific issue.

I am just confused over the term "ethical hacking"

Apparently it is mainstream and widespread, but do those two words go together ?

"Hacking", in my vocabulary, means doing something you're no supposed to be doing, so how can it be ethical ?

Sure as eggs are eggs it's going to happen, just curious as to why it's called "ethical"

Apparently it is mainstream and widespread, but do those two words go together ?

"Hacking", in my vocabulary, means doing something you're no supposed to be doing, so how can it be ethical ?

Sure as eggs are eggs it's going to happen, just curious as to why it's called "ethical"

They absolutely go together. Maybe the problems is your definition of hacking. I see hacking is doing something that the developer didn't intend for you to do, it has nothing to do with ethics or morals. Its ethical because the intention was to find a flaw, then let the developer know about the flaw so that the developer can find a way to protect against the hack.

An ethical hacker would let the developer know of a flaw so that others would not steal, an unethical hacker would steal, or sell the hack to people that would steal.

To quote Wikipedia, "Originally, hacker simply meant advanced computer technology enthusiast (both hardware and software) and adherent of programming subculture"

For additional evidence, look at an early jargon file entry for hacker:
HACKER Originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe.
1. n. A person who is good at programming quickly. Not everything a hacker produces is a hack.
2. An expert at a particular program, example: "A SAIL hacker".
3. A malicious or inquisitive meddler who tries to discover information by poking around. Hence "keyword hacker", "network hacker".

(The entry for 'hack' is also relevant, but long enough I won't quote it here)

In the 80s and 90s, mainstream media popularized the third definition and derived meanings, and as a result that has become the default (and often only) usage. Prior to that, the term was largely used as a compliment among computer enthusiasts.

Hacking is manipulation. MacGuyver was a hacker.
Computer folks split it into two camps, White Hat and Black Hat. Good guys and bad guys.
White hat hackers find vulnerabilities so they can be fixed.