Micrologix 1400 password recovery

f16bmathis

I have a Micrologix 1400 that had a password installed. I did get the RS-232 tap and set it up so I can read the comms via hyperterminal, but viewing hyperterminal, all I get is a bunch of rubbish that keeps repeating itself. I even pasted it into notepad++ to see if it might convert to something readable, but it didn't. Is there a setting I'm not doing right?

Or is the you-tube videos a hoax?

Sleep, I so desperately need sleep!

f16bmathis,

I'm sorry, forum rules prohibit the discussion of hacking passwords.

if you have a copy of the program that is not password protected, reset the plc to factory default by removing the battery and shorting out the storage capacitor, never done it on a 1400 though.

if you have the program, you can goto your local ab rep and get help.
you will have to prove ownership of the program, and sign a lot of legal paperwork to clear ab of any responsibility.

What type of machine is it any way?

james

f16bmathis,

I have reread your post and I misunderstood your request.

You need Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 programming software and interface cable to work with the plc.

HyperTerminal will not give you what you want.

my post on passwords still applies.

What is your application?

regards,
james

Allen Bradley classifies he MicroLogix family as "Disposable" PLC's so they did not program their master access password in it for technicians to access.

They do clearly have on their website a master CLEAR password that will wipe the ML and reset it back to factory condition.

Also, they did not use their master password on the ControlLogix family PLC's, but their tech's still seem to be able to get in them when they want.

There's no machine. We were throwing it away and I grabbed everything off it I could. It used to be a dual scale hopper. Checked weights and dumped into a hopper. Before using the AB clear code, I wanted to see if I could get the program, not a big deal, but the more I do, the more I learn. We custom built the machine eons ago, the engineer has long since gone, and I thought we'd just be able to get a copy of what is legally ours.

There's no machine. We were throwing it away and I grabbed everything off it I could. It used to be a dual scale hopper. Checked weights and dumped into a hopper. Before using the AB clear code, I wanted to see if I could get the program, not a big deal, but the more I do, the more I learn. We custom built the machine eons ago, the engineer has long since gone, and I thought we'd just be able to get a copy of what is legally ours.

What? No backup of the program and its documentation? That's bad....