Horner/Cscape Addressing Issue

makr8100

I'm trying to set up a project in Cscape for a new install. Our config will be an RCC972 with 2 SmartBlock I/O's - HE579DAC207 and HE579MIX105. I can configure the PLC and 207 just fine, but the 105 is being a pain. When I set the address on the 105 for digital in at %I9 and digital out at %Q5 it complains about both. The error I get is "Boolean data must be on a WORD boundary to be used as INT or UINT data". I'm not trying to use it as an INT or UINT.

Googling the error only showed me one result that happened to be on this forum where someone was trying to do math functions on booleans... well, duh :p It seems to be an issue with any discrete address on any expansion I/O. Horner has some slightly outdated Youtube videos that show the expansion I/O setup, and they enter the addressing exactly as I'd expect. I have also tried progressively downgrading Cscape versions from 9.8 originally to 9.7 and 9.6 with no success. 9.5 and below won't install, seems to be an issue with Visual C 2005 on Win 10. I also tried a second PC, always the same result.

I *can* but definitely prefer not to set these up on %R addressing. Does anyone have any insight on this?

I don't have hands-on experience with that model, but I expect the error is telling you that your %Q address can't start at %Q5. It will need to start at %Q1, %Q9, %Q17, etc.
Given that it specified a WORD boundary, acceptable addresses may only be %Q1, %Q17, %Q25, etc. The same restrictions will probably apply to %I addresses.

Worked perfectly, thank you. Now that I've re-read the error alongside the solution it makes sense. Not sure how I missed that.