GuardPlc 1600

chionik

Hi All,

I am trying to create a new module to communicate with in my RSLogix program but it keeps failing and coming with "Error - couldn't create a module" message and then it crashes...

The module I want to create is 1753-L28BBBx GPLC1600, my existing PLC is 1756-L71 5571 controller and I am programming it with RSLogix 5000 V20.01

Anybody came across a similar issue?
Any ideas how to overcome this issue?

Many thanks..!

I think we've all been in a similar situation of RSL consistently crashing when doing a task. I would assume it relates to the RSL install on your laptop. (Often I have found that a coworker can do it without any issues on his laptop).

The first thing I would do is to download the AOP for the 1753-L28BBBx GPLC1600 and try reinstalling it.

After that, I might try doing it from another computer.

Could try doing a "repair" install on RSLogix

As something just to try, you could also convert your program to a higher version than 20 to see if it's any better.