GE Durus program Question

Malador

Lifetime Supporting Member
I can only put 3 inputs on each line before i have to put an output. Is there anyway to continue the instruction on to the next rung? Right now I'm using the "m" internal memory relay to do this, but it seems like there might be a better way.

I apologize if this is an obvious, but I'm new to PLCs.

This is typical of controllers in the "smart relay" category. The GE Durus is a re-badged TECO SG2.

My experience is with the A-B Pico, which has a similar rung platform where only three Input instructions and one Output instruction are allowed. I can't see any method for "rung wrapping" like you can do with virtually all medium and small PLCs.

So you're already on the right track: use an "M" or "N" internal bit to hold the status if your first three instructions, then use the status of that M or N bit as the first element in a new rung.

This is typical of controllers in the "smart relay" category. The GE Durus is a re-badged TECO SG2.

My experience is with the A-B Pico, which has a similar rung platform where only three Input instructions and one Output instruction are allowed. I can't see any method for "rung wrapping" like you can do with virtually all medium and small PLCs.

So you're already on the right track: use an "M" or "N" internal bit to hold the status if your first three instructions, then use the status of that M or N bit as the first element in a new rung.

Hi Ken,
Almost all the smart relays are the same.
you start to hope you don't run out of programming room.
I haven't seen an available memory graph