Configure S71200 with external NTP server problem???

naturephoenix

I got Meinberg as NTP server, and it is in same network as My S71200 PLC.

I went (Device configuration -> Ethernet Port ->time synchronization) and entered Meinberg IP address but once I go online my PLC keeps sinchronizing to my PG-PC interface which means to my PC.

There is option "disable" PG-PC synchronization but it keeps returning to be enabled.

Can anyone help regarding this issue?

I got Meinberg as NTP server, and it is in same network as My S71200 PLC.

I went (Device configuration -> Ethernet Port ->time synchronization) and entered Meinberg IP address but once I go online my PLC keeps sinchronizing to my PG-PC interface which means to my PC.

There is option "disable" PG-PC synchronization but it keeps returning to be enabled.

Can anyone help regarding this issue?

As far as I know, a 1200 will get its time from your PG when you are setting the time in Online & diagnostics. THis isn't a constant thing, it is a one-shot.

It could be that there is an HMI setting the PLC time.

As far as I know, a 1200 will get its time from your PG when you are setting the time in Online & diagnostics. THis isn't a constant thing, it is a one-shot.

It could be that there is an HMI setting the PLC time.

Nope it is not HMI? But You have said that PG_PC is giving PLCS71200 time only when I'm in Online and diagnostic mode?

That means when I'm not online PLC is taking time from my NTP server?

If that is the case there is no problem at all.