Micrologix 1200 Incompatible Processor

autonow

Help! I have a micrologix 1200 L24BWAN I can connect with Rxlinx DF1 And I see the processor ML1200. When I go to Rslogix 500 to upload the program I get an Incompatible processor. The first thought was Version levels So I upgraded the software to

RsLinx is Ver 3.71
Rslogix 500 is Ver 9.5

I have an Identical New processor I just bought and can read and write to it no problem. But I have problem with this older PLC.

If I go to data monitor in RXlinx It says no data tables but it is running a machine.

Currently I have my cable plugged into the side port (second comm port) The Primary comm port is plugged into a PC that is running a VB6 program talking to the PLC. When I tried connecting to this port I could not get a successful connection in RSLinx.

A ML1200 can be an A, B, or C series (though 2 ports indicates its probably a C). The reason you can't communicate through the port that the VB6 computer is connected to is because it is configured for User Mode (Ascii) or Modbus , anything other than DF1.

I can only partially read a rockwell technote about the ML1200 and Firmware FRN 10. It was saying how ascii mode on port 0 could stop comms on port 1 But I could not read further on how to correct the issue. I assume download new firmware but first I must retrieve the program in the CPU! I do not have an offline file of the program!

Pretty Sure it it is rev C Unfortunately you have to disconnect the expansion modules to read the Label!

A 1764-LRP has two ports, the 1764-LSP does not have a side port on the processor

Try using a 1761-CBL-PM02 and plug into the 1764-24BWA

The CPU is a 1762-L24BWAR REV C
And Yes I am using a 1761-CBL PM02 cable which works fine on my new CPU
I have Cycled power and tried to connect. No success
Obviously the original programmer was able to program the PLC! Too bad it does not have a Run-Program switch. Pretty sure port0 is set to Ascii which only leaves port 1 to program!

Does anyone have access to Rockwell technote 31711?

Can you enlighten us on the solution on how to connect?

The CPU is a 1762-L24BWAR REV C
And Yes I am using a 1761-CBL PM02 cable which works fine on my new CPU
I have Cycled power and tried to connect. No success
Obviously the original programmer was able to program the PLC! Too bad it does not have a Run-Program switch. Pretty sure port0 is set to Ascii which only leaves port 1 to program!

That is the base model number, the CPU is 1764-LRP

It does does have a Run/Program switch, open the door/cover on the left side

Do as Bob suggested and push the button (once) on the ECOMM and try the COMMs again... you will need to push it a second time to set it back to your settings in the program

Oh Wow That switch is a tiny thing I did not know existed. I have been educated after all these years!

I will give the switch a try. Thanks guys for all your help!