Maple Systems EasyBuilder 5000 Modbus Question

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
New to EasyBuilder 5000. I have one connected to a SCADAPack and is communicating via Modbus TCP/IP.

I am using the HMI program to help me understand a Telepace program that has very few comments in it. So if I know what the item is on the HMI I can reverse comment the PLC code and then be able to move forward.

My question is about the addressing in the HMI. In the PLC program the Modbus Address is 41117 but in the HMI it is 5x 1117 (See Pic). What does 5x mean? I would make more sense to me if the address was 4x. I couldn't find anything in the manual to explain the differences. I do know that the address is assigned as a 32 bit float so maybe that has something to do with it.

I would be grateful if someone with more experience with EasyBuilder would help me understand what I am looking at here.

Thanks for the help!!

Maple Snip.JPG

I don't use the maple screens any more but I think they are pretty much the same as the Weintek and in their help it says

5x
The function code is the same as 4x. The difference is that 5x makes double word swap when the format is 32-bit unsigned. If the data read by 4x is 0x1234, the data read by 5x is 0x3412.