Studio 5k: How to 'trend' strings?

PeeLC

I need to see what changes have been made to a string over a period of time. Is there a way to do this without having to start a DDE link in Excel?

Thanks!

-PeeLC

You could monitor the string for changes by comparing it to the last version and when the change occurs, deposit it into a FIFO buffer, then re-establish the changed string as the "Last" string.

I would create a UDT with the string and a date/time stamp, and use that as the entry into the FIFO.

Similar Topics

Studio 5000 how do i shrink the Trend screen down or split the screen so i can see the Ladder and the trend?
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am trying to trend in Logix Designer an element of an INT[223] input data array. For some reason, the "add" button is greyed out. I...
Replies
Views
Good morning, 1- I am finding good use out of the Trend feature in Studio Logix 5K. Is there a way to export the graph into a pdf automatically...
Replies
Views
I just added a historical trend to my application and cannot get the display to show any data. I did the following to create it: 1. Created a...
Replies
Views
I am trying to simplify procedure of adding/removing FTHistorian Tags by the operator. Oryginally, FTStudio allow operator to click on the trend...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom