Logix5000 plc to EtherCAT slaves

Manglemender

Hello,

I have a new project on the go that will have a Logix5000 PLC and needs to communicate with 12 slaves that don't speak Ethernet/IP.

This was previously done through RS232 to each slave but the new models now support EtherCAT. Can anyone share experience of getting comms to multiple EtherCAT slaves from a Logix5000 plc?

Many thanks,

Nick

Thanks for that. I did find that with google too and have made an enquiry. It looks like it behaves as a slave so do you not still need an EtherCAT master? Would I need one for each EtherCAT slave?

Nick

I wondered the same. "The gateway acts as a Slave/Adapter on both networks." has me wondering; an inquiry to Anybus may clear that up.

ps: if it can act as a Ethernet/IP slave and a Ethercat scanner, you win.