Compact Logix Firmware

fredjohns

We have a compact logix PLC that has firmware that doesnt match our software. How do we go about installing a version of the firmware in it that matches out software.

Thanks in Advance

What version of RSLogix is installed on your computer?

There is a utility, ControlFlash, to install the firmware but it requires communications between the PLC and the computer, have you worked out that issue yet?

Steve

Also, what is your PLC's part number? Some older flavors of Compactlogix are not upgrade-able above v19/v20. And some newer versions of hardware can not run with older versions of software.

In short, we need to know a wee bit more of what you're trying to accomplish.

The company where we bought the trainer said the PLC version is 30.011
The IP address of the PLC is 192.168.1.30
The PLC part number is 1769-L16ER-BB1B

We went through the instructions that came with the trainer for setting up the ethernet driver and putting in the IP address and when we go to look on RSLinx Classic the IP address has a yellow ? mark over it.

Is there a different version of RSLinx that we need ro is there something else we have not set up.

If you have 3.9ish or higher you should be good, do a right mouse button click on the PLC with the triangle, you may be able to upload the EDS file right from the PLC (I don't have one in front of me so I can't verify if this works).

In RSLinx, on the processor that has the yellow ? as you described earlier.

If it doesn't drop a menu with a EDS download option, you can get it here. Do a search for your PLC.