Trying to upload the PlC program from SLC 5/04

nirmalrb1992

Trying to upload the PLC program from SLC 5/04 Using RS232 DB9 cable... already tried with Allen Bradley USB 1747-CP3 1756-CP3 cable... still unable to communicate with the plc. Pls help me. Thank you...

Last edited:
Are you using a USB converter? DP9 cable should be null....

Connect a 1747-CP3 cable from channel 0 of the processor to the personal computer
serial port or connect the 1747-UIC interface from channel 0 of the processor to your
personal computer USB port, or use a 1784-PKTX(D) or 1784-PCMK interface.

Set up the driver for DF1, auto-config and you should be set.

@CEN sir right now I’m using QVS Null modem DB9 serial cable ... previously I have tried with Allen Bradley USB 1747-CP3 1756-CP3 cable from PLCCABLE.com...

@jaden using raking, configured using RS232 DF1 devices and auto configured... it showing “unable to verify settings sit to packet timeout. Check all cables and configure try again

Are you connected to channel 0? Try not doing an auto-config....set the baud to 19.2k. Have you been able to connect to another SLC using your current PC?

The DB-9 port may be set up for DH+ comm's not RS-232. I remember the first time I hit that bug.

For that you would need the UIC adapter.

If you don't have one forum member GeniusInTraining sells them.

The DB-9 port may be set up for DH+ comm's not RS-232. I remember the first time I hit that bug.

For that you would need the UIC adapter.

If you don't have one forum member GeniusInTraining sells them.

I think you meant DH485. There are several protocols it could be that can either prevent access by RSLogix or make it tricky...

If it is DH485, DF1 Half Duplex, or DF1 Radio Modem, then you still stand a chance.

If it is set for Modbus RTU, ASCII, or Shutdown, you are probably not getting in through that port. I say probably, because with ASCII mode (user tab), there is a way to programmatically switch modes back to System. This is rarely used, so most likely just a distraction from your trouble, but still among the list of possibilities.

DH485 is probably the most common alternative in general use. In my field (water and wastewater), we see a lot of the other protocols used for radio telemetry purposes.

I have RS232/USB cables from PLCcable.com, and RSLinx Autoconfigure has always worked when the device at the other end is set for DF1 Full Duplex.

The DH485 cable Mark sells is excellent too.

It would be a good test to prove your PC/Cable/driver settings by checking with another DF1 PLC just to make sure you don't have a hardware or software problem.

Yes, DH-485 - earlier I was thinking of a PLC5 to CLX conversion.

I didn't have my reading/remembering glasses on when I typed that