S5v71 comms to PLC

johnmck66

Have a kosher Siemens cable, but having problems getting online to PLC in Step5 v71, the cable actually works with a snide version of S5WIN (not Siemens) whereas I can up/load & download code but the editing features are ****.

My kosher Siemen's S5v71 did work at one time but cannot get online now for some reason. OS on PC is XpPro.

Any ideas lads! I have subscribed to search but it has not been sorted out as yet.

Thanks in anticipation.

Link not established after "Link establishment active" banner, the cable is original Siemens 6ES5 734-1BD20, also I have one which I bought off fleabay, which both of them actually communicate with PLC (S5-100U) with the other program I mentioned in my request for assistance.

No its genuine serial RS232, as I said previous, the cable and connection is fine and I can go online with a Windows S5WIN but the program has limitations. It uploads and downloads OK, but editing and stuff is goddam hard work, plus it does not do everything. The frustrating part is my S5v7 was really good a couple of years ago.