Please recommend the right PLC among Allen Bradley PLCs

vislab

Hi everyone,

Now I am considering to use one out of Allen Bradley PLC products for my simple project. In my project, first the PLC receives the signal from the PC through RS232C port to initiates the PLC routines and activates the a couple of solenoid valves to operate cylinders and sends error messages back to the PC. The PLC needs to be programmed user friendly because I am familiar with OMRON CPM2A ladder programs. And important thing is that the PLC can give light alarm for warning. But I dont know which one will be the right one for the following required specs. And also I need the PLC that has an ability to communicate with PC through RS232C port.

# of Inputs : 4
# of Outputs : 6
Input types: both Digital and Analog
Output types : both Digital and Analog
Input power: AC or DC24V
Output power: AC or DC24V

Thank you,

Last edited:
I would recommend the MicroLogix 1100 or the 1200 with two ports. You could do it with a MicroLogix 1000, but using analog I/O omn it is a pain. You will save the slightly higher hardware cost by savings in programming.

What Tom said.

But I don't think the MicroLogix 1000 will work due to the need to parse RS232C data from a PC. Unless the PC is speaking DF1.

Oh, thanks for your recommendation. Then I will look up the MicroLogix 1100 or the 1200 to see if which one we can choose. I hope its PLC programming is almost same as I have done with OMRON PLC or not much different.
Thanks.